[Sust-mar] Young Naturalists looking for Bluenose Marathon runners to join their Charity Challenge Team!

Young Naturalists Club yncns at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 6 09:55:03 EST 2014

As many of you know, the Young
Naturalists Club (YNC) has been operating for 8 years now thanks to the
generosity of government funding programs, foundation grants, and a few
individual donations. Although we offer a lean organization, we need to expand our
sources of funding to cover core costs to keep offering amazing programing. So
this year, the YNC is joining the Charity Challenge in the Blue Nose Marathon
to raise funds for our organization.

We feel the Blue Nose
Marathon Charity Challenge is a great fit as a fundraiser for the YNC as the
marathon promotes being active outdoors like the YNC does. Our goal is to raise
$5000 in our inaugural year and we are looking for runners or
walkers to join our team and fundraise for the YNC.Young and old are welcome and can run in any of the races including the youth
run, 5k, 10k, full or half marathon. The first 10 racers fundraising for the
YNC will have their registration covered!

We also support runners who want to want
dress up as their favourite Nova Scotia wildlife species during race day to
raise awareness about it and nature in Nova Scotia!!

If you running anyway and
don't have a team yet or if you are inspired to run now and want to join our
team, please contact Robin at yncns at yahoo.ca or 902-455-5643.

Robin Musselman, YNC Coordinator

Young Naturalists Club of Nova Scotia
c/o The Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
1747 Summer Street. Halifax NS B3H 3A6
http://nature1st.net/ync

YNC motto "Young Naturalists Observe and Conserve"