[Sust-mar] Halifax event volunteers needed, FoodWork & GoodWork, Halifax NS

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Wed Nov 5 15:49:41 EST 2014

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Role: Event Volunteer (2 or 3 positions)
Date: Saturday and/or Sunday Nov. 15/16, 2014
Location: downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia

Hundreds of food leaders from across Canada will converge in Halifax November 13-16th, 2014 for Waves of Change: Sustainable Food for All, Food Secure Canada's eighth National Assembly. Farmers, fishers, dietitians, policy makers, activists, entrepreneurs, community organizers, indigenous leaders, students, academics and more will create three jam-packed days of programming, networking opportunities, and learning sessions.  This is the first time the FSC Assembly has been held in Atlantic Canada and this edition will feature the top experts from the region as well as across the country with a special focus on fisheries.

FoodWork will be participating in the conference. We need two or three people to assist at our table on Saturday and/or Sunday. The role is to assist at FoodWork's display for a few hours, on whichever day you are available. Orientation will be provided. Experience in food issues is a bonus, but is not required.

Skills/background:
• enthusiasm for local food, organic food and/or food security
• positive and outgoing
• asset: familiarity with FoodWork.ca and/or GoodWork.ca

Benefits:
• admission to the exhibition at the conference
(see: http://foodsecurecanada.org/who-we-are/our-8th-assembly/take-stand )
• meet progressive food organizations from across Canada
• help support the local/sustainable food movement

We're seeking anyone who can help out for at least a few hours on either day, between the hours of 8:30-5pm / Sunday 8:30-12:30pm. The event is located downtown, at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel.

If interested, please send us an e-mail expressing your interest and availability, to:

Peter Blanchard
2015 at foodwork.ca
Subject: Halifax event

Please include a phone number where we can contact you, and attach a resume and/or describe your background.

P.S. We are also seeking a billet/host for FoodWork staff to stay while in Halifax. If you live in Halifax and might be able to offer this, please contact us to discuss: 2015 at foodwork.ca (subject: Halifax billet)

We thank everyone for their interest, but due to short timelines we will only be contacting those selected.

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in local, sustainable, secure, organic and/or vegetarian food.

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=27730

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms