[sust-mar] Mktg & Visual Arts - summer job, Farmers Markets of NS, Halifax NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 7 14:46:13 EDT 2016

* Work in environment, conservation & nature - GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER STUDENT JOB
http://FoodWork.ca/979053

Position: Marketing & Visual Arts Coordinator, Summr Student Position
Type: summer job / summer student position
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Student Summer Employment Position (10 Weeks): Marketing & Visual Arts Coordinator
Welcome and thank you for taking a closer look at this job opportunity. We are looking for someone to join our summer office team. We work from the office most days but also get out into our community for programming, meetings and to create and collect marketing content. We are looking for someone who works well independently, who can sit down and 'get cracking' but loves a good group brainstorming session. We intend to invest in you, supporting you in career exploration, in finding success in the workforce in this position and into the future, and ensuring opportunities to utilize and expand your skills.

BACKGROUND

Established in 2004, Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) is a cooperative of certified farmers’ markets within the province. As a member-based cooperative, FMNS offers support and services to Nova Scotia farmers' markets and their vendors through business development, skill building, research, advocacy and promotion. Our vision is for a dynamic Farmers' Market sector cultivating healthy local economies, communities and people in Nova Scotia. To bring our vision to life, we arebuilding the capacity of farmers' markets and their member businesses through inspirational leadership, professional development, province wide marketing, advocacy, and networking.

POSITION

This is a 10-week summer position, at 30 hours per week, available to students only (see eligibility requirements below). The Marketing & Visual Arts Coordinator will report to the Executive Director. The Marketing & Visual Arts Coordinator will also have the opportunity to work with and learn from the Farmers' Markets of Nova Scotia Social Media Contractor. The work of the Marketing & Visual Arts Coordinator will centre around creating innovative and engaging content and using it to connect with Nova Scotians around local agriculture, community gathering and the buy local and farmers' market movements.

Work projects and tasks will include:
• photography;
• videography;
• collecting stories from within the farmers' market sector;
• creating content for social media marketing and engagement;
• Wordpress website improvements.

SKILLS & EXPERIENCE

Interested candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
• technical skills and experience in videography including post-production and editing;
• technical skills and experience in photography;
• basic graphic design skills and experience with examples of work;
• basic skills and comfort with Wordpress (or experience with similar web platforms and the ability to self-learn Wordpress);
• the ability to, when required, work independently and stay on task;
• the ability to work with others and offer ideas;
• strong interpersonal skills and comfort in engaging with vendors/business owners, farmers' markets organizers, partner organizations and the public;
• professional manner when engaging with others (i.e. vendors/farmers' markets, organizational partners and the public);
• willingness to learn;
• interest in local food, agriculture and/or community development;
• driver’s license and, ideally, access to a vehicle.

*Possessing photography, videography and post-production equipment is an asset.

ELIGIBILTY

To be eligible for this position, you must be:
• between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
• intending to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
• a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
• a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and nRefugee Protection Act* and;
• legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations

TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT

This position will be based at our Halifax office but will require travel outside the office, at times independently, to collect marketing content.
Wage: 30 hrs/wk for 10 consecutive weeks @ $12.00/hour.
Hours: Four days per week, 9am to 4:30pm with occasional weekend and evening work required for content collection.

TO APPLY

Please email a cover letter and resume, including 2 references, to Keltie Butler at:
FMNS at farmersmarketsnovascotia.ca
Please submit your application in the form of a single pdf document with all required elements included and in the following order: cover letter, resume, references. Supporting documents to illustrate technical skills and/or experience in photography, videography, and graphic design are highly encouraged.

DUE DATE: Sunday, June 12th, 2016 (midnight).

Thank you to all applicants for their time and interest. The hiring process will occur quickly as the position begins on Monday, June 20th. Short-listed applicants will be contacted June 13th and 14th with interviews scheduled for June 15th and 16th. Again, this position begins Monday, June 20th and ends Friday, August 26th.

Farmers' Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and persons with disabilities. Diversity is a stated value of FMNS and, moreover, diversity in the farmers' market community is a strength that must be cultivated.

http://FoodWork.ca/979053

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=35097

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca