[sust-mar] Farm caretaker or couple, live-in, Windy Mountain Road Farm, River John, Nova Scotia

FoodWork Local Food Jobs foodwork at planetfriendly.net
Sun Oct 15 13:07:12 EDT 2017

* Work in healthy, local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

CARETAKING POSITIONS
http://FoodWork.ca/914824

Position: Farm caretakers
Type: farm/property caretaker / small-scale farming opportunity
Location: River John, Nova Scotia (Pictou County, near Tatamagouche & New Glasgow)

Are you in a situation where you are wanting to live the rural farming life but are unable to afford to purchase or lease land?

We have an amazing opportunity for interested person(s), ideally suited to a couple or two single people. We are seeking caretakers for our farm while we volunteer overseas. We are offering folks the chance to do market gardening/small scale farming (using non-agribusiness methods, non-certified organic methods) for the 2018 season without having to rent or own land.

We are located between Pictou & Tatamagouche in Nova Scotia. We are offering a place to stay for free so no rent (an average savings of $500/month in the area we live) while we are away in exchange for taking care of our chickens (20+ for eggs), 2 dogs, 5 cats and our place. We have a very modest 2 bedroom home, wood stove heat, solar power for most our electrical needs, several small greenhouses and other infrastructure. We have asparagus beds that would need to be maintained (hand weeding!!), in exchange for harvesting and selling so you can garner some income.

We have the land & equipment that would be needed. You will need your own vehicle. The only costs to be covered by you would be your food & utilities (phone & internet, some electricity, some propane for cooking, some wood for woodstove).

We are looking for folks who are seeking to live a self-sufficient, environmentally sustainable lifestyle, who will practice organic and permaculture farming methods. Some experience with farm animals is ideal but a love of animals is required. Experience with woodstove heat is also necessary. References will be required. Unfortunately you can’t have your own pets - this is non-negotiable.

Dates are January 1 - Aug 31 2018, but can negotiate longer on both ends, with a possibility of permanent caretaking with the right person(s).

Only serious inquiries please. Send an email to: wwolfvan at yahoo dot com

http://FoodWork.ca/914824

Grow food! Jobs, internships, farming opportunities:
http://www.FoodWork.ca/growfood

Please indicate that you saw this posting at FoodWork.ca

Please share: http://FoodWork.ca/job=42841

--
FoodWork.ca
Work in Local/Sustainable/Organic Food & Agriculture

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at foodwork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "FoodWork") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: FoodWork.ca/terms