[sust-mar] Membership recruitment team, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Aug 16 12:40:53 EDT 2018

* Work in nature, conservation & environment - GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/981574

Position: Door-to-Door Canvasser, Membership Recruitment Team
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

ORGANIZATION

The Ecology Action Centre is an environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. We take leadership on critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. We are grounded in community, and are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment. We work to catalyze change through policy advocacy, community development, and building awareness. We take a holistic approach to the environment and our economy to create a just and sustainable society.

MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT TEAM

The Ecology Action Centre, one of the most active and outspoken environmental charities in Atlantic Canada, is seeking students or recent graduates to help strengthen our movement by canvassing for new members of our Centre.

This is your chance to dip your toes into the charitable sector, to learn about the ecology of our province, gain meaningful employment to help build your career, and cultivate valuable, lifelong skills in communications and fundraising.

Membership canvassing is an incredibly important position at the Ecology Action Centre and is valued as such. Canvassers travel door-to-door to different communities in our province and invite new membership to our organization. Hours are Monday to Friday, 3pm – 9pm with some flexibility as required.

We offer:
• $16.00-$17.50 per hour, 24-30 hours per week.
• A diverse supportive team who genuinely care about developing your skills and career.
• Opportunities to advance into a variety of positions at the Ecology Action Centre.
• Being a part of organization that is local, impacts your life and the environment which sustains us all.
• Access to contract and benefits.

REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A strong interest and passion for the health of our environment
• Exemplary communication skills
• Background in sales and/or customer service

DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A proven track record in fundraising or sales
• experience in leadership roles or management
• Interest in developing a career in fundraising

Join an organization that values diversity and respect for community development and the protection of our natural environment. We hope to hear from you today!

TO APPLY

Please send a cover letter, resume and two references to our Membership Officer, Carly Hominuk:
carly at ecologyaction.ca

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals in traditionally marginalized groups such as: racialized people, Indigenous people, lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender and queer people, and persons with disabilities. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter or application if they are a member of a marginalized community. Diversity is a stated value of the Ecology Action Centre. Moreover, diversity in the EAC community is a strength that we seek to cultivate. It is the responsibility of every employee of EAC to foster a culture that embraces and promotes diversity.

The Ecology Action Centre was founded in 1971 and is one of Nova Scotia’s most active environmental organizations. The Centre welcomes new members and volunteers: http://www.ecologyaction.ca.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/981574

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=47518

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca