[sust-mar] Bookkeeper/Admin Assistant, full-time, Wolfville Farmers' Market, Wolfville, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Nov 5 23:02:29 EST 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
http://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
http://FoodWork.ca/Maritimes

Position: Bookkeeper/Admin Assistant
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia

The Wolfville Farmers’ market is a vibrant Market, with three experiences including a weekly Saturday market, an online market and a storefront Farm and Art Market supporting over 70 farm, artisan and chef vendors. We are engaged in the farmers market movement, active suppoters of our vendors, have numerous partnerships with community groups, we are progressive in our programming and passionate about creating the best experience possible to reflect and nourish our community.

Position:
• Starts December 8, 2020
• Three month trial contract with potential for full time position
• 40 hrs/week
• $16

The role of the WFM Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will be to provide bookkeeping service from receiving payments, writing checks, managing online banking, payroll, maintaining Quickbooks online, managing vendor bookings, administration including grant reports, ordering supplies and maintaining inventory, and maintaining a schedule of annual maintenance and regulatory compliance reporting.

This is an opportunity for someone who is a talented bookkeeper who is highly organized, excited to make a difference, comfortable in a dynamic environment, and also someone who is happy to work on a team, contributing to the bustle of a Saturday Market.

Having positive, clear and customer service-like communications with partners, vendors and the community and volunteers is essential to the smooth operation of all aspects of the Market.

We offer the same respect to our employees, working to ensure they have a great work experience, gaining the skills needed to get closer to their own aspirations.

Responsibilities:

Bookkeeping
• General Accounts Receivable and Payable
• Processing/tracking invoices and expenses
• Ongoing Cash Flow Analysis and Reporting
• Proficient in online Quickbooks and relevant training in basic business accounting
• Payroll
• Managing our Merchant Account and POS System for our online and market store
• Managing Vendor payments through online banking for our online and market store

Administration
• Schedule Annual Building Maintenance and Annual Permits
• Completing forms for government grants
• Vendor Bookings using vendor management software
• Office Management
• Inventory Management and Ordering Supplies
• Rentals Management

Assistance
• Work as part of team, contributing to Market Set-ups and Tear-Downs

Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Must be proficient with Quickbooks Online
• Must be skilled at learning software systems
• Proficient in using Google Drive
• Able to work in a self directed manner as well as part of a team
• Able to communicate effectively
• Demonstrated professionalism, dependability, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills

Possible Learning Opportunities:
• Logistics management
• Learning third-party software platforms (MarketWurks and Local Food Marketplace) that integrate with quickbooks
• Develop collaborative communication skills within a cooperative, team based organization

Physical Environment:
• Able to comfortably work in both a physically demanding and fast paced Market-Day environment as well as independently.
• Able to comfortably lift up to 30 lbs (signs, boxes, picnic tables, etc) and push 200 lb booths on wheels for Saturday Markets

How to Apply:

Please provide a Cover Letter which explains why you want to work with the Wolfville Farmers’ Market as their WFM Bookkeeper/Admin Assistant, as well as your Resume with References included by November 20th. Please email to: manager at wolfvillefarmersmarket.ca

http://FoodWork.ca/hiring
http://FoodWork.ca/994875

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/994875

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca