[sust-mar] Communications Manager, full-time, Atlantic Salmon Federation, St. Andrews, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Nov 20 13:45:18 EST 2020

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

NEW BRUNSWICK JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NewBrunswick
https://GoodWork.ca/997975

Position: Communications Manager
Location: St. Andrews and area, New Brunswick

Founded in 1948, ASF’s mission is to conserve and restore wild Atlantic salmon and their environment. We partner with anglers, Indigenous organizations, and the conservation community on large habitat restoration projects, scientific research, and campaigns that protect the environment and benefit river communities. Smart and timely communication is essential to our cause.

Reporting to the Executive Director of Communication, ASF is hiring a bilingual Communication Manager to help lead our engagement, advocacy, and public relations work throughout Eastern North America.

Roles and Responsibilities
• External and internal communications: Social media, blogs, press releases, and old-fashioned letters are a regular part of ASF communications. The Communication Manager will lead and assist in these multimedia efforts.
• Creative storytelling and special projects: The Communication Manager will be a part of the editorial team for the Atlantic Salmon Journal, our quarterly magazine, and will help conceive, plan, and execute campaigns and special projects.
• Strategic communication: The Communication Manager will assist in the development and execution of annual strategic communication plans for the organization.
• Website and digital asset management: ASF.ca is the primary communication tool for the organization and it will be the responsibility of the Communication Manager to keep the site updated, interactive, and interesting. Maintaining ASF’s digital archive of photographs, video, and important texts will also be the Communication Manager’s responsibility.

Essential Qualifications
• A post-secondary degree or certificate and at least three years of work in a related field.
• Written and spoken English and French
• A valid driver’s license
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.

Desirable Characteristics
• Highly organized, task oriented, and resilient
• Solid tech skills including photo and video editing experience
• Excellent work ethic and self-supportive

To Apply

ASF offers a competitive salary and benefits package coupled with a dynamic and purposeful work environment. Please submit a resume and cover letter before December 8th to careers at asf.ca .

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/997975

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/997975

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca