[sust-mar] Development Manager, f/t, Sierra Club Foundation, anywhere in Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jun 3 14:14:48 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

FUNDRAISING DEVELOPMENT
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/941106

Position: Senior Development Manager
Location: anywhere in Canada

The Sierra Club of Canada Foundation (SCCF) is committed to empowering people to be leaders in protecting, restoring and enjoying healthy and safe ecosystems. We are seeking to hire a Senior Development Manager who cares about the work we do and who is a great fit for our culture and team. If you are passionate about the environment and want to join a dedicated team of staff and volunteers working together to achieve our mission, then we want to hear from you.

Summary

As Senior Development Manager you will play a leadership role in designing, implementing, and evaluating an annual fundraising strategy that builds strong relationships with donors and funders. You will work collaboratively with SCCF staff and leadership volunteers to support their fund development efforts. You will manage a portfolio of prospective and current major donors, corporate partners, and foundations, and will lead the planning and execution of our individual donor-giving campaigns and special events. Recognizing SCCF’s commitment to building a grassroots movement of empowered citizens you will exercise creativity and innovation as you work with our team to expand our membership and monthly giving programs and find ways to deepen member’s engagement in our work. Unpinning your work is a strong commitment to collaboration, open communication, and achieving impact.

Candidates must be located in Canada.

Responsibilities and Scope
• Develop, execute, and successfully deliver on targets as set out in SCCF’s annual fund development plan.
• Participate in organizational strategic planning, annual budget development, and ongoing financial tracking.
• Collaborate in the development and implementation of strategies for engaging donors at all levels in the organization, in collaboration with National Office and Chapter staff and volunteer leaders.
• Engage, support, and mobilize Board members and the National Development Committee in fund development activities, including setting and achieving fundraising targets as outlined in the annual development plan.
• Manage SCCF’s individual donor-giving campaigns including regular appeal mailings and digital campaigns.
• Oversee the expansion of SCCF’s membership and monthly giving programs, led by SCCF team members.
• Create cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and recognition plans for individual, corporate, and foundation donors and ensure these are delivered on by senior staff and volunteers.
• Managing an assigned portfolio of major donors, meet goals for a set number of annual touchpoints including meetings, phone calls, emails, and direct gift solicitations.
• Develop audience-specific fundraising copy, including appeals, individual support communications, and grant proposals and applications.
• Ensure SCCF has the necessary fundraising communications and marketing collateral, including an up-to-date case for support and an annual impact report, to support outreach to prospective and current donors.
• Develop SCCF’s planned giving program.
• Support annual fundraising events that are planned and executed by leadership volunteers and SCCF Chapter staff.
• Ensure tracking systems and SCCF’s donor database are organized, accurate, and used to the fullest potential.

Skills, Competencies & Qualifications
• A minimum of five years of professional fundraising experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CFRE certification is an asset.
• Experience in developing and executing fundraising plans, measuring progress, and applying learnings to strengthen future efforts.
• A proven track record as a fundraising generalist in securing major gifts, foundation grants, and sponsorships, and managing donor appeals, special events, and planned giving.
• A deep understanding of and commitment to relationship-based fundraising practices.
• Experience in writing a wide range of materials, including direct mail and appeal letters, grant proposals, and digital communications.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and growing successful individual giving and major gift programs.
• Must be bilingual with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop stories and collateral that inspire a wide range of donors.
• Proficiency in using fundraising database systems for maximizing fundraising and relationship-building activities.
• Experience in working effectively with a distributed team to implement fund development initiatives and programs.
• Passionate about the work that SCCF has undertaken and our commitment to building a grassroots movement where our members are encouraged to actively pursue environmental causes that engage or inspire them.
• Digitally savvy, recognizing the important role that mobile and online platforms play in reaching and engaging an online donor base.
• A team player who values diversity, who collaboratively shares information, and who recognizes and draws on team strengths to advance our fundraising efforts.

Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application!

To Apply

Please email a cover letter and resume to hr at sierraclub.ca . Please include the job title (Senior Development Manager) in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter should:
• Outline the relevant experience you have in relation to this position.
• Explain why you are excited to join our team.
• Demonstrate how your approach will help SCCF fulfill its mission.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

You are welcome to include one sample of supporting material, such as an example of development collateral. We appreciate you taking the time to apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

We are happy to provide additional information about the position upon request to the email above.

Organizational Background

The Sierra Club Canada Foundation (SCCF) is a national registered charity that includes four chapters: Atlantic, Québec, Ontario, and Prairie, plus the Sierra Youth Coalition. At our heart, we are a grassroots organization with a “think globally, act locally” philosophy. Working with a strong volunteer base and collaboratively with other organizations has allowed us to successfully engage in a range of environmental activities that directly benefit both people and the planet.

SCCF is committed to inclusivity, equity, and diversity within our community. We seek to hire talent with a range of life experiences and perspectives, recognizing that our mission-driven work is best advanced by the contributions of people of all genders with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. We encourage applicants from all ages, cultures, races, religions, colours, sexual orientation, gender identities or expressions, disability statuses, nationalities, or other statuses protected by law. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at hr at sierraclub.ca . All information relating to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/941106

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/941106

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca