[sust-mar] Communications Manager, f/t, NB or anywhere in Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jun 3 19:51:06 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Job Posting
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/998895

Position: Communications Manager
Location: Remote work opportunity across Canada with preference for ON, NB, and AB based candidates

At Green Economy Canada we envision an economy where environmental sustainability, human well-being, and business success are synonymous.

Green Economy Canada is a national non-profit working to accelerate the business transition to a vibrant and inclusive net-zero future. We do this in three ways:
• We work with community organizations to launch and grow Green Economy Hubs, which bring together, support and celebrate local businesses (Green Economy Leaders) in setting and achieving sustainability goals.
• We share success stories of businesses going green to inspire others to follow suit and build public and political support for the green economy.
• We work with policymakers and experts to inform green policies and investments that will accelerate business sustainability efforts.

With eight Green Economy Hubs, our network is engaging over 300 organizations of all sectors and sizes in taking action on climate change, building sustainability into their operations, and creating a better future for generations to come. Our five year goal is to support a network of 20 Green Economy Hubs across Canada engaging thousands of businesses in changing business as usual.

The Opportunity

As we continue to grow our reach and impact, we’re looking for a stellar Communications Manager to lead all facets of Green Economy Canada’s marketing and communications efforts, positioning our network as a leader in building the low carbon economy in communities across Canada. As an ideal candidate, you thrive with a dynamic range of work including developing communications strategies, managing day-to-day communications work, planning awesome events, supporting Hubs and Green Economy Leaders to more effectively tell their stories, engaging media, and mobilizing communications campaigns. Working closely with the Executive Director, you are excited to play a critical role in enabling Green Economy Canada to meet its five year goals of building a national movement of businesses and communities who are building a better business as usual.

Ideal Start Date: Immediate
Term: Full-time permanent
Annual Compensation: $62,700 + $1500 health and wellness allowance
Location: Remote work opportunity in Canada; Ontario, Alberta, or New Brunswick preferred
Reports to: Executive Director
Perks: Flexible work environment, minimum 3 weeks vacation & awesome teammates!

What You Would Do

As the Communications Manager, you would:

Quarterback Marketing and Communications (50%)
• Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of Green Economy Canada’s annual marketing and communications strategy
• Regularly maintain public communications through our website, newsletter, and social media channels, ensuring content is jargon-free, engaging and up-to-date.
• Identify and secure speaking engagements and media opportunities (writing press releases, pitching stories and op-eds), and equip the Executive Director (through speaking notes and crafting presentations) to act as a strong spokesperson for our work.
• Act as a communications resource to support the needs of various organizational projects and activities.
• Develop and maintain Green Economy Canada’s branding and communication guidelines, tools and resources for the network, equipping Hubs and Green Economy Leaders to credibly talk about their sustainability work and our collective impact with external stakeholders.
• Design and deploy network-wide communications campaigns, identifying and crafting compelling stories of Green Economy Leaders, and deploying content strategically across online and traditional mediums to grow the green economy movement nationally.

Craft Inspiring Events and Reports (40%):
• Lead the strategy, execution and evaluation of Green Economy Canada’s annual impact report, and our annual celebration event, Connect.
• Coordinate and execute the selection process for our annual network-wide Green Economy Builder Award and associated media campaign.
• Lead the development and execution of two network-wide webinars annually as part of fostering connections and building sustainability knowledge for Green Economy Leaders.

Supports Fundraising and Advocacy Efforts (10%):
• Support the Executive Director in developing corporate sponsorship proposals, managing sponsor relationships, stewarding funds to Hubs, and reporting back on the investment value.
• Support the Executive Director with annual Federal and Provincial budget submissions and in mobilizing advocacy campaigns across the network.

What We Hope You Will Bring

Relevant Experience:
• Full-time work experience (5+ years) in communications, marketing or a related field.
• Experience planning and executing successful events.
• Demonstrated success in managing significant projects from conceptualization through to implementation on time and on budget.
• Media engagement and public relations experience is an asset.

Technical Chops:
• Exceptional writing skills to produce compelling, jargon-free copy, and a demonstrated ability to adapt tone and voice to suit different mediums and audiences.
• Proficiency with communications tools and platforms like MailChimp, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Adobe InDesign, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Graphic design skills are an asset.
• Knowledge and experience with business sustainability reporting and frameworks (B-Corp, GRI, TCFD, integrated reporting etc.) is an asset.

Attributes That Will Help You Succeed:
• Conscientious and detail oriented with an ability to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities, be proactive, and build trust that work is completed with quality and care.
• An ability to listen well and form strong relationships with team members and external partners.
• Creativity to keep communications fresh and captivating, and to share stories in compelling ways.
• Critical and strategic thinking to inform key decision-making, and an ability to share perspectives candidly and diplomatically to generate better solutions.
• A learning and resourceful mindset to navigate challenges and new opportunities, and a receptivity to feedback.
• A collaborative work ethic to support a caring, productive and positive work dynamic.
• Excitement for working in a small but innovative non-profit with ambitious sustainability goals and awesome teammates.

To Apply:

Please tell us a bit about your interest in this role and send a resume and relevant sample of your writing to Priyanka Lloyd, Executive Director, at hr at greeneconomy.ca . Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis starting the week of May 31, 2021 until the position is filled.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

We sincerely thank all applicants, however, we will only be able to personally contact those applicants who are selected for an interview. We encourage applications from Black, Indigenous, people of colour and persons with disabilities. Please advise if you have any accommodation needs – we are committed to ensuring you can participate fully in the recruitment process.

Green Economy Canada is an equal opportunity employer where a diverse mix of talented people do their best work because of, not in spite of, our differences. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, members, subcontractors, and vendors in all our activities and operations, regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), dis/ability, marital status, or sexual orientation.

What’s it Like Working at Green Economy Canada?

At Green Economy Canada, we seek to blend the nimbleness and autonomy of a small team with the influence and opportunities afforded to a national network.
• We are bold, ambitious and optimistic. Our vision is for an economy that makes environmental sustainability, human well-being, and business success synonymous.
• We care about what we each accomplish, not where we work from or how many hours we put in.
• We want working together to feel effortless and the ways we work together to be intuitive.
• We embrace innovation: we’re willing to take risks, we know we’ll make mistakes along the way, and we push ourselves to apply what we learn each time. At Green Economy Canada, it’s okay to fail.
• We have fun, enjoy working together, and laugh often.
• We’re not satisfied with the status quo: we don’t think “because that’s how it’s always been done” justifies a course of action. We challenge each other, think critically, and strive for objective decision-making.

Together with our network of Hubs and partners, we’re building a better business as usual.

Learn More About Green Economy Canada
• Visit greeneconomy.ca
• Check out our most recent Impact Report
• Join the conversation on Twitter @greeneconomyca

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/998895

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/998895

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca