[sust-mar] Hiring: Admin & Communications Coordinator, f/t, Farmers' Markets of Nova Scotia, anywhere in NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 8 14:24:15 EDT 2021

* Work in local & sustainable food - FoodWork.ca *

NOVA SCOTIA JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://FoodWork.ca/NovaScotia

Position: Administrative & Communications Coordinator (1-year contract)
Location: work from home, anywhere in Nova Scotia

About Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia

Founded in 2004, Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) is a non-profit cooperative of over 40 farmers’ markets. As the farmers’ market sector association for Nova Scotia, our mission is to advance growth and prosperity for our member farmers’ markets and their vendors through training, resources, advocacy, promotion, and community building. Our vision is for a cooperative and dynamic farmers’ market sector that cultivates successful businesses, vibrant local economies, and healthy communities.

Job description

FMNS is seeking an Administrative & Communications Coordinator for a one-year parental leave contract. This position will be filled by a dynamic, focused, self-motivated individual and team player who is passionate about our local economy, local food, local producers, and farmers’ markets.

This position is based in Nova Scotia with the ability to work from home on a flexible schedule. We are looking for someone with sound knowledge and a strong background in project administration and communications in a non-profit or similar setting. The ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of handling and prioritizing multiple administrative tasks at a time, combined with a penchant for public communications and a passion for local food.

Roles and responsibilities are subject to change over the course of this contract. The Administrative & Communications Coordinator is responsible for handling incoming communications to FMNS and communicating regularly with our member farmers’ markets. You will play a critical role in administering programs such as our Nourishing Communities Food Coupon Program. You will report to, and work closely with, the Executive Director. You will also collaborate with and support contractors, partners/sponsors, and you will be expected to work cooperatively with the Marketing & Outreach Coordinator.

Key responsibilities
• Project and program administration
• General office duties
• Maintain digital files
• Primary contact for email communication and prioritizing correspondence for Executive Director
• Track information and data and provide written reports
• Communicate directly with our member farmers’ market managers, staff, volunteers, and vendors
• Engage in marketing, promotions, and public outreach
• Coordinate Atlantic Canadian Farmers’ Market Conference (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
• Conduct regular website and social media maintenance
• Participate in weekly team meetings with Executive Director and Marketing & Outreach Coordinator
• Gather, research, and prepare communications materials
• Work collaboratively and occasionally share tasks with the Marketing & Outreach Coordinator
• Be available during established office hours for communications (emails and phone calls)

The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
• 3+ years experience as an administrative coordinator in the non-profit sector, or equivalent knowledge and experience in a related field
• Expertise in project and program administration
• Marketing and social media experience (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
• Proficiency in MailChimp, WordPress, Canva, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, and Google suite
• Knowledge and involvement in local food systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies/science, business, marketing
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted if demonstrated in application

Terms of contract
• Remuneration
• Full time
• Hourly compensation to be determined based on skills and experience
• Location
• The hired individual will work remotely from their own home office or other workspace available to them in their community.
• An online co-working system may be used to maintain regular communication between the Executive Director and the Administrative & Communications Coordinator.
• Anticipated start date
• Between September 1 to 15, 2021 (exact start date to be determined), with one week of overlap with the current Administrative & Communications Coordinator.
• Travel
• Expect to travel within the province occasionally.
• Access to a vehicle will be required with mileage reimbursed at $0.40/km.

Closing date for applications
• July 31, 2021

To apply

E-mail your resume, cover letter, and three references merged into one document to our Executive Director, Justin Cantafio, at fmns at farmersmarketsnovascotia.ca , stating in the subject line the position you are applying for.

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.

https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
http://FoodWork.ca/936106

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/936106

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca