[sust-mar] Marine Protected Areas Coordinator, full-time, anywhere in Canada

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 8 18:36:13 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

OCEANS / MARINE PROTECTED AREAS
https://GoodWork.ca/Oceans
https://GoodWork.ca/930206

Position: National Program Coordinator
Location: anywhere in Canada

SeaBlue Canada is a coalition of Canadian environmental organizations[1] who are working together to achieve national commitments on marine protected areas, with a current focus on achieving 25 percent protection of our ocean and coastal areas by 2025. This is a once in a generation opportunity to change the seascape of marine protection in all three ocean basins, including supporting Indigenous-led conservation.

In order to help achieve our goals and objectives under this collaboration we are seeking an experienced project coordinator. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in the environmental field, preferably in the marine environment and will have demonstrated abilities in managing and prioritizing competing demands, coordinating remote teams, facilitating dialogue and seeking creative solutions to complex problems.

Primary Responsibilities:
• Support the development and implementation of campaign objectives.
• Coordinate activities agreed to by partner organizations, including organizing regular Steering Committee calls and face to face meetings when travel and in person meetings resume.
• Coordinate identified work streams with staff members of key organizations and external partner organizations as required.
• Where required, schedule, plan and facilitate meetings, including with government officials.
• Ensure effective communication and sharing of information between organizations.
• Track shared work and outcomes and help to develop alternative plans when necessary.
• Assist with events as required.
• Track expenditures and budgets for specific initiatives, including grant writing and reporting.

Skills & Experience
• 3 years experience in project and/or campaign management
• Financial tracking and budgeting
• Understanding of government relations and Canadian policy and legal frameworks; policy analysis experience is considered an asset
• Excellent communications skills and attention to detail
• Experience managing communications platforms and copy editing communications products
• Strong facilitation and mediation skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Fluency in French is considered an asset

Position Details: This is a 3 year, full-time contract position. Some travel will be required for specific events.

Remuneration: $55,000 - $65,000 commensurate with experience

Please apply by June 21, 2021 by sending a cover letter and resume as one pdf file to Debbie Bernhardt at ottawaoffice at oceansnorth.ca with the file name specifically as:

LastName_FirstName_SeaBlueCoordinatorApplication.pdf

Please indicate you saw this posting at [vShortName].

[1] SeaBlue member organizations as of April 2021 are: The Ecology Action Centre, Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, David Suzuki Foundation, Oceans North, West Coast Environmental Law and World Wildlife Fund Canada.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/930206

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/930206

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca