[sust-mar] Environmental Educator, Clean Foundation, Dartmouth

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Mar 18 15:45:50 EDT 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Nova Scotia Green & Environmental Jobs
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/923195

Job Title: Environmental Educator
Program: Education & Engagement
Reports to: Manager of Education & Engagement
Location: Dartmouth, Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia

Clean Foundation is an independent, non-governmental charity that works to support the fair transition to a cleaner economy and greener society. We do this through collaboration, leadership, and a focus on the possible. We bring knowledge, tools and inspiration needed to encourage the actions that lead to positive environmental change. Learn more about us the work we do: clean.ns.ca

Summary of the Position:

The focus of this position is the delivery and ongoing development of our Clean Schools programs. Our workshops are STEM-based and solutions-driven, and focused on various environmental topics for P-12 students. Current programming in our Clean Schools suite focuses on renewable energy and watershed health, along with brand new programming related to climate change.

This role will be primarily focused on managing school bookings, delivering programming (virtually for now, and visiting schools across the province when safe to do so) and ongoing program evaluation and refinement. Along with the noted responsibilities, this position will also support the development of new education programs and their supporting resources.

This position requires an ability to engage youth in both a dynamic and educational manner and to demonstrate proper scientific techniques. This position includes some administrative and management responsibilities, including proposal writing support, and management of logistics, timelines, deliverables, and tracking targets.

When back to in-person delivery, travel will be required, including some overnight stays. This position involves working with a team of sustainability educators and a high degree of collaboration and teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a passion for environmental education and youth engagement with demonstrated experience engaging children. The ideal candidate can adapt and grow programming to support long-term impact and is able to work collaboratively within a team.

Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide professional, high quality, age-appropriate delivery of education programs consistent with delivery targets
• Communicate effectively with colleagues and with stakeholders involved in the program
• Reflect Clean’s values throughout program development and delivery
• Assist with proposals, program development, and innovation to support the Clean Education and Engagement team as a whole
• Partner with the Program Developer to update program content to ensure it is aligned to current provincial curriculum
• Manage a consistent and thorough feedback and evaluation process post in-school delivery
• Maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the related environmental fields and provincial curriculum
• Generate content for our social media team to showcase our programming and increase environmental literacy
• Perform basic administrative duties in support of the Education and Engagement team and the organization as a whole
• Perform all other duties/projects as assigned

Education and Required Qualifications:
• Experience in youth education and engagement
• Must demonstrate a passion for the environment;
• Post-secondary education in a related field such as education, environmental science, sustainability and/or other sciences, considered an asset
• Extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong sense of initiative and self-motivation
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
• A wide degree of creativity
• Ability to adapt style, message, and tone based on the audience and the issue being addressed and comfortable using social media
• Strong organization and time management skills;
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills;
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills and comfortable handling complex questions on the spot

Requirements:
• Must be able to complete and pass a criminal background and vulnerable sector check;
• Must be a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license and able to provide a Driver’s Abstract from the Registry of Motor Vehicle;
• Comfort working both in a classroom setting and outdoors in rough terrain (when in-person workshop delivery resumes)

Equity Hiring:

Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.

Apply here: https://GoodWork.ca/923195
(the apply link is at the bottom of the posting)

Nova Scotia green & environmental jobs: https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/923195

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca