[sust-mar] Operations and Administration Lead, full-time, Nova Scotia Nature Trust, Dartmouth/Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Nov 18 18:29:07 EST 2021

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

GREEN & ENVIRONMENTAL JOBS
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/972916

Position: Operations and Administration Lead
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

The Nova Scotia Nature Trust was created to protect and conserve our province’s incredible natural legacy. They save outstanding natural areas through land conservation. They use a strategic, science-driven approach to identify and protect the most threatened, unique, and significant natural areas for nature and for future generations to enjoy. The Nature Trust stewards over 15,000 acres of land across Nova Scotia, and through their ambitious Twice the Wild campaign, aim to double their protected space for nature by 2023.

On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Operations and Administration Lead to join their team of dedicated professionals in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations and Administration Lead manages the Nature Trust office, oversees all administrative activities, provides executive administration services, supports, and oversees a wide range of operational activities, and provides support for donors, volunteers, and the broader community.

Donor and Community Support:
• Serves as the first point of contact for the public, donors, and volunteers, responding to queries, providing information and other support

Administrative Responsibilities:
• Directly supports the Executive Director in reaching the organization’s strategic and operation plans and goals
• Provides executive administrator services to the Executive Director (e.g., coordinating meetings, schedule, correspondence, record-keeping, official filings, compliance monitoring, providing briefings, reports, and recommendations)
• Provides reception/office administration services
• Provides support as needed to the Board of Directors and other staff team members

Office Management Responsibilities:
• Oversees the smooth functioning of the office and daily operations of the Nature Trust (from maintenance/operations of building, grounds and equipment, inventory of supplies/swag, mail and donations processing, to issues management and problem-solving)
• Manages contracts and liaison with suppliers/service providers
• Oversees risk management, security, integrity and confidentiality of data and privacy, insurance requirements and policies
• Develops, implements and ensures adherence to office and operational policies, procedures and information management systems, and associated staff training and support. Monitors, analyzes, recommends, and implements best practices/efficiencies
• Supports and liaises with the finance team to ensure appropriate and timely financial tracking, payments, receipting and reporting

IT/Technical Responsibilities:
• Oversees/maintains all IT equipment, systems, supports and outside IT provider/ services

HR Administration and Support Responsibilities:
• Maintains a positive, welcoming, inclusive office environment and organizational culture
• Organizes team building, engagement, appreciation, and in-house learning opportunities for the staff team
• Oversees staff and board onboarding/orientation program; supports leadership team with staff training/ development
• Supports leadership on adherence to annual HR requirements; maintains up-to-date HR policy/procedures manual and makes associated recommendations
• Oversees occupational health and safety team, policies, practices, training, reporting
• Oversees and supports office, special projects, and other volunteers

Research, Policy and Planning Responsibilities:
• Provides research, analysis and reports to support/advance organizational priorities and operations, including policy research and development
• Supports operationalization and tracking of plans, goals, and special initiatives
• Tracks compliance with Land Trust Standards and Practices; recommends and ensures implementation of improvements/updates
• Ensures compliance with all legislation and reporting requirements

Events:
• Organizes Nature Trust events (e.g., annual general meetings, board and staff meetings/events, open houses, volunteer events)
• Provides administrative support for fundraising, media, community, and other events

As the ideal candidate, you are passionate about nature, friendly, enthusiastic, and enjoy helping others. With exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, you are able to interact with people in a professional and diplomatic manner, resolve issues and problem-solve. You are highly organized, detail and systems-oriented, independent, resourceful, enjoy research and learning on the go, and thrive in a busy, dynamic work environment. Strong organizational and administration skills and competence with technology are essential. You possess at least five years of experience in a related administrative, office management, or operations role. A post-secondary degree or equivalent relevant training is required. Experience working in a not-for-profit environment and serving in an executive assistant role will be preferred.

To express interest in this opportunity please apply here: https://meridiarecruitment.ca/Career/15171

If you have any questions, please contact Brittany Beale, Consultant at bbeale at kbrs.ca or Scott McGaw, Partner at smcgaw at kbrs.ca. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.

Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.

To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/972916

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/972916

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca