[sust-mar] Join Climate Emergency Days of Action: Truro 11am Mardh 11th; Amherst 11am March 12th

Kathryn Anderson kathrynande at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:47:26 EST 2022

 Join us!
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/5fbb12aaaa5a/climate-emergency-days-of-action-truro-11am-mar-11-amherst-11am-mar-12?e=160aac7f7e>
Join our Climate Emergency Days of Action:

*Truro, 11am Friday, March 11th, and Amherst 11am Saturday, March 12th*
Sponsored by Council of Canadians (North Shore Chapter) and 350.org
<https://canadians.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=62614123db6b1f8aaba33b901&id=5b22e90c58&e=160aac7f7e>

*The climate emergency is here. *We need Parliament to pass bold
legislation that accelerates the transition to 100% renewable energy while
creating millions of good, green jobs.

That’s why on March 11th and 12th, we’re taking action. From coast to
coast, Canadians will visit MP offices and use creative visuals and art to
show them the kinds of programs we need to transition off fossil fuels. Our
government doesn’t have a clear vision for a Just Transition so we’re
bringing our vision to them.

*Join us! We need you. Numbers make a difference!*

*Truro, March 11th at 11:00am*
MP Stephen Ellis' Truro office, 40 Inglis Place
Add to a sidewalk chalk mural and present a petition to our MP to support a
Just Transition

*Amherst, March 12th at 11:00am*
MP Stephen Ellis' Amherst office, 35 Church Street
Sidewalk chalk mural, postcard and sign making

Please follow all current Public Health Protocols at this event.

No need for reservations -- just show up! But if you'd like more
information, or to coordinate rideshares, contact Marney Simmons at
"marneys AT gmail DOT com."

See you there--
The North Shore Chapter of the Council of Canadians

[image: Twitter]
<https://canadians.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=62614123db6b1f8aaba33b901&id=ddf90d4248&e=160aac7f7e>
[image: Facebook]
<https://canadians.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=62614123db6b1f8aaba33b901&id=6911ca6928&e=160aac7f7e>
[image: Website]
<https://canadians.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=62614123db6b1f8aaba33b901&id=6ed13b087d&e=160aac7f7e>
*Copyright © 2022 North Shore Council of Canadians, All rights reserved.*
You signed up to receive notice of events from the North Shore Council of
Canadians.

*Our mailing address is:*
North Shore Council of Canadians
General Delivery
Tatamagouche, NS B0K1V0
Canada

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=62614123db6b1f8aaba33b901&afl=1>

--

Michael Jensen
michaeljonjensen.com

--
(I use she/her pronouns.)

I am thankful to live and work in *Mi'kma'ki, *the ancestral and unceded
territory of the Mi'kmaw people.